HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Japan Times article protest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Japan Times article protest   Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:12 pm

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2013/10/05/more-sports/kims-injury-could-open-door-for-mao-at-sochi-games/

I'm sure some of you have read the article in the above link. We've had stupid articles written on Mao by Jack Gallager in the past, but nothing was as bad as this. Plus they had the nerve to upload it on the net on the 5th of this month when JO was being held; I'm quite sure they chose that day on purpose, as I have a very close friend who works in the Japan Times for over 20yrs now, and she has told me that almost every single article in that paper is printed (or not printed) because either somebody, some firm, some political party, or some group is pulling strings in the back for their benefits. As far as I've heard from her it's a pretty corrupted news source.

Jpnse Mao fans are sick and tired of all these irresponsible articles based mainly on just the writer's assumptions, creating false images of Mao being a no good skater etc....some of us are spreading info on what Gallager wrote this time so we can get people to protest against his article.

So if you feel upset after reading this article, plz do send your complaints to:

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/contact-us/

No ordinary Jpnse newspaper would never print an article like this, as they will certainly be bashed like hell if they do so. The only reason Gallager's been able to write crappy articles on figure skating and Mao all along was simply because hardly nobody who's Jpnse reads the Japan Times, and most do not even know it exists. But foreigners and people in other countries are reading it, so this kind of article can easily give a false image of Mao to people who do not know her nor the sport much. The Japan Times is a Jpnse newspaper being run by a Jpnse company. Even if Gallager is not Jpnse, and the articles are written in English, it still doesn't change the fact that a Jpnse newspaper is spreading false images of a Jpnse athlete throughout the world.

So plz do consider writing a complaint for Mao's sake in the above link!
Thank you for reading and considerating in advance. Thank you!

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Japan Times article protest   Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:36 am

And how audacious of them to delete the comments of protests!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Times article protest   Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:44 am

Haidogirl wrote:
One of the worst of typical Jpnse attitudes; 'put a lid on anything which smells'!Rolling Eyes 

Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japan Times article protest   Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:42 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
One of the worst of typical Jpnse attitudes; 'put a lid on anything which smells'!Rolling Eyes 
I think that's typically Asian: shut down their minds before any different opinion.Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Times article protest   Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:21 pm

I see that the "wonderfull" Gallagher is back. Rolling Eyes  Honestly, I don't know whom I dislike more, Gallagher or Hersh. They're both idiots.

If this idiot had bothered to follow skating, he'd know what a gem Mao is. This way, he's making her look like a second tier skater, who's only chance against Yuna is, when Yuna is injured. The moment the injury announcemnt was out, I knew that the likes of Herh and this particular genious will go down this road.Very Mad If Mao does win in Sochi, it's only because the precious Yuna was injured. Not because Mao has a long program with 8 freaking triples in it.Frustrated 

And why would Yuna's injury motivate Mao?! Hello, she has her own goals, IMO, Mao couldn't care less about Yuna. Not to mention, if you're a champion at heart, and  Mao is that, you want to win because you've beaten the best at their best, not because you happen to be lucky.

And to remember what he wrote when Mao's mother passed away...anything to get noticed.

I see that this article has only 1 comment.scratch  Seriously?Laugh

And Pochi, welcome back!cheers  I hope you'll stay around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Japan Times article protest   Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:01 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
I see that the "wonderfull" Gallagher is back. Rolling Eyes  Honestly, I don't know whom I dislike more, Gallagher or Hersh. They're both idiots.

If this idiot had bothered to follow skating, he'd know what a gem Mao is. This way, he's making her look like a second tier skater, who's only chance against Yuna is, when Yuna is injured. The moment the injury announcemnt was out, I knew that the likes of Herh and this particular genious will go down this road.Very Mad If Mao does win in Sochi, it's only because the precious Yuna was injured. Not because Mao has a long program with 8 freaking triples in it.Frustrated 

And why would Yuna's injury motivate Mao?! Hello, she has her own goals, IMO, Mao couldn't care less about Yuna. Not to mention, if you're a champion at heart, and  Mao is that, you want to win because you've beaten the best at their best, not because you happen to be lucky.

And to remember what he wrote when Mao's mother passed away...anything to get noticed.

I also tried to post a comment, but once I clicked send, my comments disappeared.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Japan Times article protest   Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:45 am

shar wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

I also tried to post a comment, but once I clicked send, my comments disappeared.
Mine too Neutral 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Times article protest   Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:24 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

Thanks for remembering me zarina! I think I will start hanging around here again a bit more...as this is one of the nicest places to be when you're supporting Mao.Smile 

It seems not that many Mao fans in Jpn are bothered by this article...I did translate and post it around some Jpnse sites but there are very few people who've commented against it. The 'put a lid on anything which smells' attitude isn't anything exclusive for the Japan Times, so no surprise about that, though. Esp since this article was written by a non-Jpnse person; most Jpnse are so understanding and wide hearted towards whatever foreigners do, which is usually considered as well mannered and kind, but the part I hate is that they're like that most of the time, only to North-American or European foreigners. I think if this article was written by one of our own, or for instance, a Chinese journalist (not to mention Korean)...the guy would've been seeing hell by now. I have to admit many of us are unconsiously racist in that sense. Rolling Eyes

Btw, I do not like Hersh at all either, but that doesn't have much to do with my being a Mao fan. I simply dislike the way he writes about skaters as if they were race horses rather than humans. But I do think Hersh knows the sport more than Gallagher. If I remember correctly, Gallagher has written incorrect names for jumps in the past, and he hardly ever mentions the actual rules in the sport, plus he never seems to bother going to see official practice nor interviewing any skater before he writes his stuff as far as I know. Hersh may not do those things much either, but Gallagher's articles always give me the impression that he's merely reading a couple of articles written by other reporters beforehand, and simply sums them up in his own words. I can't help feeling that the guy's never been to see a skating competition live, not even once in his life. There's nothing wrong about writing an article on a sport you've only seen on tv or video of course, but I think he'd have more decent insight on the sport if he sees it live. I mean, those reporters get to see competitons in the closest places around the rink; places much better than even the best of SS class seats. At least in Jpn they're that much privileged, so you'd think that of all people, they'd be able to make out whether a skater's in good condition or not on their own, however the judges score them.

Oh well...but I guess, given the date of when his article appeared in the Japan Times, poor Jack didn't have the pleasure to see for his own eyes, how good a condition Mao was in at JO. Even with those jump mistakes, her performance was really alive, speedy and powerful. I've even heard from a friend of mine who was there, that the person she went to see it with burst into tears cause she was so moved by it, and fyi Mr. Gallagher, this companion of hers was no Mao fan at all who only went to see JO for Dai! Who, me?

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Times article protest   Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:23 pm

I dislike Hersh because he's biased. He chooses his favourites, and these can't do no wrong (even when they deserve a criticism), while he's tearing apart those that he doesn't like. He reminds me of german eurosport commentators.Razz 

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
I've even heard from a friend of mine who was there, that the person she went to see it with burst into tears cause she was so moved by it, and fyi Mr. Gallagher, this companion of hers was no Mao fan at all who only went to see JO for Dai!Who, me? 
Oh, I love this! I often wonder how different must be seeing skaters live, as oposed to seeing them on TV only.
I love both programs this season, and even more importantly, I love that Mao herself, loves her programs.Swoon

And Pochi, I adore your banner (I don't know if it's called this Embarassed ). Go Mao, for the gold, indeed!cheers Cheering Confetti
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Japan Times article protest   Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:57 am

Quote :
I dislike Hersh because he's biased. He chooses his favourites, and these can't do no wrong (even when they deserve a criticism), while he's tearing apart those that he doesn't like. He reminds me of german eurosport commentators.Razz 
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan Times article protest   

Back to top Go down

Japan Times article protest
Page 1 of 1