HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What painting media should I use for my realistic drawings?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: What painting media should I use for my realistic drawings?   Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:40 pm

JashimChando wrote:

I'm a passionate artist, and I've been drawing for awhile now. I'm starting to get into painting though, and I really don't know which media to use. I love the look of oil paints, but I've heard they are toxic (I don't have a well ventilated room handy) and they are a huge pain to clean up, so which media?
Have you tried tempera? I often use it for my painting(I'm studying in art academy).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ClairDeMao

PostSubject: Re: What painting media should I use for my realistic drawings?   Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:29 am

JashimChando wrote:
I'm a passionate artist, and I've been drawing for awhile now. I'm starting to get into painting though, and I really don't know which media to use. I love the look of oil paints, but I've heard they are toxic (I don't have a well ventilated room handy) and they are a huge pain to clean up, so which media?

If you don't like the fuss with real oil paints you could try a digital art application like Corel Painter, it simulates traditional media like oil paints, pencils, watercolour etc...and then you can print out your drawing on a real canvas, it's not that expensive I believe. And you might need a drawing tablet (like a Wacom) as well!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What painting media should I use for my realistic drawings?
Page 1 of 1