HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Earthquake in Tokyo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 637
Join date : 2008-05-05
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:54 am

I hope everyone is okay Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 994
Join date : 2007-09-22
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:17 am

bellarina wrote:
I hope everyone is okay Sad

Me too. Sad

Keep strong, Japan!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1348
Join date : 2010-03-04
Location : The Far East

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:46 pm

Thanks everyone for your concerns for us, again!

The center of his time's 'after shock' was in the ocean somewhere close again to the Miyai prefecture. There were warnings and alerts on tunamis again, but the hieght was about 50cm~1m, so they shouldn't have caused much damage this time.

Plus since it was around 11:30pm when it happened, not many people would've been near the sea this time, plus it's a bit late to be cooking something, so altough there have been about 7 reported fires, at this point some were either heavily or sightly injured, but no reports of deaths. I hope it'll be kept that way.

However, the nuclear stations in Miyagi and Aomori, had 2 out of 3 of their reactors going down, so some parts of Miyagi prefecure, and all of Aomori, Iwate, Nagano and Akita are all having a black out. Fortunately, they weren't damaged as badly as the Fukushima station, so there seems to be no worries of radation. But they had better fix those nuclear reactors soon, cause those prefectures are still very cold. There have been reports already that some very old folks died because of the cold eventhough they were staying inside the shelters. The people in the shelters are relying on mostly on oil stoves, which they hardly have enough of.

Tokyo had a shake about level4 if you'd ask me, but the level of Tokyo was reported as a level3. My house is in the northern parts of Tokyo, which is a little more close to Miyagi than other central parts of the whole city, so I guess we feel the shakes stronger. This one although it hit the upper north of Japan quite strongly was slightly lighter than that major extremely large one on 3/11. But it spread out into more than half of Japan. But in Osaka and Nagoya, where our skaters live and practice mainly at, had only level1-2 shakes, which is hardly nothing, so don't worry much about Mao and Dai.

Anyway, according to specialists, the large one we had some hours ago, was an after-shake related to the first large one. It's large, but happened due to the first quake. I guess most of us living in or around Tokyo, had their worries about the radiation business and were starting to forget that the earth beneath us still has alot of enegry which they have to pour out from time to time.

I hope at least the after-shakes would be over by the time Worlds will be held. Depressed Crying

_________________

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 361
Join date : 2010-02-25
Location : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:46 pm

Haidogirl wrote:
jkblues wrote:
oh no the earth moved again in Japan, 7.4 , i hope this stops right now Mad


I heard this too, it was just an hour ago or so!
I hope t will be better soon!

How was it in Tokyo, on the cameras it looked extreme strong!

Was this another after shock or a new earthquake?

well i saw BBC and they put under the videos after shock, anyway is so strong Neutral it seems that the tsunami alarmed has finished , and the nuclear plant heroes were evacuated, donīt now if they have come back to the plant in fukushima yet, they said that at least by now there arent big damages.

edith: thank poshinko for the information.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 480
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 27
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:43 pm

Thanks Pochi for the update!
BBC been reporting the quake - But am guessing they don't have ample information to submit a full fledged report of what is going on!...that's what we hear is very random! :s

On a bright note -
Skaters have been showing support to Japan!
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/news/20110406-OYT1T00758.htm
Shizuka Arakawa visited Sendai and handed over to its Deputy Mayor, a flag signed by the skaters on the Stockholm Ice!
Shizuka is so elegant!!

My thoughts are with Japan! Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 28
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:32 pm

Oh no, another earthquake. When it is going to end? pale I'm happy that you're ok Pochi! This news are really heartbreaking, I hope all Japanese skaters and fans will feel like at home in Moscow. They deserve it like nobody else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 785
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 31
Location : Wonderland

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:37 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Thanks everyone for your concerns for us, again!

The center of his time's 'after shock' was in the ocean somewhere close again to the Miyai prefecture. There were warnings and alerts on tunamis again, but the hieght was about 50cm~1m, so they shouldn't have caused much damage this time.

Plus since it was around 11:30pm when it happened, not many people would've been near the sea this time, plus it's a bit late to be cooking something, so altough there have been about 7 reported fires, at this point some were either heavily or sightly injured, but no reports of deaths. I hope it'll be kept that way.

However, the nuclear stations in Miyagi and Aomori, had 2 out of 3 of their reactors going down, so some parts of Miyagi prefecure, and all of Aomori, Iwate, Nagano and Akita are all having a black out. Fortunately, they weren't damaged as badly as the Fukushima station, so there seems to be no worries of radation. But they had better fix those nuclear reactors soon, cause those prefectures are still very cold. There have been reports already that some very old folks died because of the cold eventhough they were staying inside the shelters. The people in the shelters are relying on mostly on oil stoves, which they hardly have enough of.

Tokyo had a shake about level4 if you'd ask me, but the level of Tokyo was reported as a level3. My house is in the northern parts of Tokyo, which is a little more close to Miyagi than other central parts of the whole city, so I guess we feel the shakes stronger. This one although it hit the upper north of Japan quite strongly was slightly lighter than that major extremely large one on 3/11. But it spread out into more than half of Japan. But in Osaka and Nagoya, where our skaters live and practice mainly at, had only level1-2 shakes, which is hardly nothing, so don't worry much about Mao and Dai.

Anyway, according to specialists, the large one we had some hours ago, was an after-shake related to the first large one. It's large, but happened due to the first quake. I guess most of us living in or around Tokyo, had their worries about the radiation business and were starting to forget that the earth beneath us still has alot of enegry which they have to pour out from time to time.

I hope at least the after-shakes would be over by the time Worlds will be held. Depressed Crying


A 4 on the scale in Tokyo? That calms me alot!
Cause News here keeps showing vids where it was shaking a lot and offices were a mess and they say it was in Tokyo!
Also they say there is damage in nuclear plant in Onagawa, but not as much as in Fukuhima!

Btw, Pochi, is there still the blackouts in Tokyo?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1348
Join date : 2010-03-04
Location : The Far East

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:45 am

Haidogirl wrote:

A 4 on the scale in Tokyo? That calms me alot!
Cause News here keeps showing vids where it was shaking a lot and offices were a mess and they say it was in Tokyo!
Also they say there is damage in nuclear plant in Onagawa, but not as much as in Fukuhima!

Btw, Pochi, is there still the blackouts in Tokyo?

Well, we've been having planned blackouts in order to save energy, and it seems this will be going on for a long time. But alot of the planned blackouts seem to be cancelled. Although the government is trying to choose places where blackouts wouldn't stop transportation, and areas where there aren't many firms so not to influence the economy. But there's hardly no place in Tokyo which fits those criterias. It seems difficult for them to have the blackouts in only small areas, and blacking out a wide area would mostly include train stations, firms, shops and of course, traffic lights. Fortunately where I live is not on the list of planned blackouts.

The nuclear station had 2 out of 3 of their reactors down, but it's not serious at all. The radiation did rise a little bit inside the station, but not so much as to have to report it to the government according to the law. But some areas in the north-east still do not have electricity, due to this.

The after-shake we had 2 days ago was pretty large, and 4 people died. One blind and deaf woman living alone panicked and fell from her apartment house, the others seem to have died because of the black-out from the shake. Their lives depended on machines but with no electricity they stopped working. They managed to survive the first major quake, and now this...not only the people in the heavily damaged areas but the whole country is getting sick of all this.

I don't think the footages of offices shaking are the ones in Tokyo. They usually air footages of tv channel offices when we have a big earthquake, but only those where the shaking was heavy. This time, Tokyo was reported to have had only a level 3 shake, so I can't imagine them boradcasting some tv channel office here, rather than local channels where the after-shake struck much more strongly.

It seems to have shaked again like crazy in Miyagi, and my friend yukiusa who lives there mailed me and wrote 'This time, I really thought I'd die. All the furnitures we had set back in place have fell down again'. I told her it might be better to leave the furniture down for a while. This level of an after-shake is extremely rare, and I think the only reason we had only 4 casualties is because many people in the damaged areas are still staying in the shelters. There were some reports of fire, but I think they're okay now. This level of an earthquake does not happen often unlike the harmless little after-shakes we're still having. It could've even had it's own name by now, but since it was an after-shake related to the first major quake (which is now being called the East Japan Earthquake Disaster), it'll be nameless though nobody will forget it.

It seems since the day after that big after-shake, the radiation levels in and surrounding the Fukushima station has rised like hell. Those in charge are saying that the survey machines must have broke, since according to them, that after-shake did not influence the Fukushima station in any way. The govenment is preparing a disinterested group to do the survey again, and that shows well how much nobody trusts the Tokyo Electricity Company anymore. I feel grateful to thier staff who are still in the Fukushima station trying to fix things risking their lives, but as a company they are finished. And btw, the president of the company is 'missing'! He's hiding somewhere running away from the media...if the people in Fukushima ever finds him, I think he will literally get killed by them. Naw! We are such a violence hating race, a punch or 2 in the face and a kick in the ass would probabaly be as far as it goes.

Did any of you guys know that the Tokyo Electricity Company had no manuals on what to do for their workers in a case like this? It seems they didn't make any, cause if they did, what they've been saying over the years that their nuclear plants are totally safe would sound like a lie, and all the anti-radiation plant extremists would use that manual as proof that there is danger in the use of nuclear power. I'm not against nuclear power in particular, but no manuals on how to deal in case a disaster happens, is so absurd. Nothing we humans create can be totally safe. Tokyo Electricity wanted to promote that nuclear power stations are completely safe, just so they could reach an agreement with the people living nearby to allow them to build the plants.

Btw, Tokyo is quite peaceful now. New stocks are in the stores, and the only stuff which are sometimes sold out are milk and mineral water. In some strange way, everyone is getting used to all this. Even that large after-shake didn't scare us that much I think. The radiation business in the Fukushima plant has not been solved at all, but it's not haunting us like it did in the first 2 weeks or so. I think everyone wants all this to end asap, but since it's obvious that it'll take years until everything becomes really okay, we have no choice but to go on with our daily lives, and try not to think about the worst.

I thought that the radiation business wasn't bothering me much, but I feel so tired and worn out thesedays, I guess deep down I am scared, and death feels close to me than ever. It's hard for me to imagine I was living life feeling no danger at all up until about a month ago. No

_________________

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 785
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 31
Location : Wonderland

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:26 am

Pochi, thank you again for your report! *hugs tight*

I think your advise to your friend, to let the furniture down at first, is a good advise! In the last days, there are many of this strong aftershakes, i hope it will calm down soon, so that the ppl there can relax at least a little!

Today i heard, that they raised the level of the accident to the maximum of 7! But i still cant see similarities to Chernobyl, if you ask me! German is making panic again silent

Quote :
The govenment is preparing a disinterested group to do the survey again, and that shows well how much nobody trusts the Tokyo Electricity Company anymore. I feel grateful to thier staff who are still in the Fukushima station trying to fix things risking their lives, but as a company they are finished. And btw, the president of the company is 'missing'!


This is understandable! I even expect, after all this disasters have calm down, the jap. people will get rid of MANY politicans and ministers and really wants a change in politic and stuff, cause like you mentioned, it seems, the Tepco ppl. are not well informed about what to do when those accident happens.
Here they said at the time when the Tenno visited the victims in the gyms, that it was very too late. Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 994
Join date : 2007-09-22
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:28 am

Thank you for the update, Pochi! I translated your reports to my family. The media in our country are currently too busy with the politicians jumping at each other's throats over the Smolensk crash to report anything worthwile. Sweatdrop

My prayers are with all the people affected by the earthquake! Keep strong! :flowers2:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 785
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 31
Location : Wonderland

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:10 am

Okami wrote:
Thank you for the update, Pochi! I translated your reports to my family. The media in our country are currently too busy with the politicians jumping at each other's throats over the Smolensk crash to report anything worthwile. Sweatdrop

My prayers are with all the people affected by the earthquake! Keep strong! :flowers2:


Here too, the most is about the fighting in the arabic countries Neutral

But Pochi, can you tell me, what pages you use for japanese news, please?
Im searching for more sources, also if its not about the current disasters, do you know some?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   

Back to top Go down
 
Earthquake in Tokyo
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Similar topics
-
» Mini Art in Tokyo
» Earthquake Photos
» 2011 Earthquake & Tsunami in Japan
» Rodgers wins Tokyo IWC Meet; Kiryu 3rd.
» 2011 Worlds in Tokyo

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Miscellaneous :: General Chat-
Jump to: